Love God, Share Christ,
Serve People, Grow in Faith.
Druid Hills Baptist Church (DHBC) was established in 1914 and since its inception has been a church oriented towards innovation and growth. DHBC enjoyed many firsts among Baptist churches in the south including the first vacation Bible School, the first church day camp and the first co-ed adult class. Through the years, DHBC has continued to evolve to meet the needs of the community. It is now one of the last Baptist churches in downtown Atlanta and is located in a very diverse neighborhood at the corner of Ponce and Highland.
The church sanctuary is strikingly beautiful and is often rented for wedding services. It has also served as the site of choral concerts including the Atlanta Boy Choir, Coro Vocati, and the Meridian Choral. In 2009, DHBC worked with an architecture firm to develop the acoustic and worshipful qualities of the sanctuary, create a beautiful site for the main focus of the Selah Center and a theatre for drama groups of all types to utilize. All to seek to be a missional and community oriented church that opens its doors to all.
DHBC is presently involved in the following ministries:
- Member of the Six Star Refugee Partnership, a multi-church organization that brings refugee families to the U.S., sponsors them and helps them assimilate and gain independence.
- Tutoring refugee adults and children on a weekly basis.
- Once monthly cooking a meal for the people at the nearby Journey Men's shelter.
- Once a month movie night at DHBC for the homeless in the neighborhood.
- Mission trips to Guatemala during the summers to help an organization called Mission Impact construct a Christian school for girls and perform other service projects in an impoverished village.
- Annually participates in Operation Christmas Child, an international effort to send gift-filled shoeboxes and the Good News of God's love to children all over the world.
- Supports the Emergency Needs Food Pantry, a cooperative ministry of local congregations to help alleviate hunger by providing nutritious food and social service information to those in need.
- Participates in the clothing ministry of Intown Collaborative Ministries, which provides clothes for interviews, work, and everyday life to the needy.
Please join us in worship, fellowship and service as we pursue our vision to Love God, Share Christ, Serve People and Grow in Faith!